Spring 2012 applications for College Research Grants are now being accepted. The deadline for applications is Mon., April 2, 2012, at 4:00 p.m. in the Dean’s Office, WSQ 103. Late applications will not be accepted. Application packets are emailed by the Dean’s Office, for departmental e-distriubution.
Please inform all COSS faculty and interested COSS students of this grant opportunity.
1. This year, the maximum grant will be $1,500 for tenure track and tenured faculty, lecturers and students for research purposes. Please note that there are no monies available for travel to professional meetings. Any travel must be strictly for research purposes. Funds must be spent by the deadlines listed in “Policies.” The period of an individual grant is fixed (about 12 months); this period MAY be extended upon written request and with approval of the College Dean, in consultation with members of the research committee. Spring 2012 awards conclude June 30, 2013.
2. A detailed budget is required.
3. A final report is required from all faculty and students who receive grants. You are required to include a copy of the report for the last College Foundation Research grant received (if any) with your application.
4. A second grant will not be awarded if the final report for a previous award is not received by the Dean's Office and included with this application.
5. College Research Committee members may not apply. (See “Policies” #17 for further details).
6. Previously funded proposals are available for review in the Dean’s Office.
7. Although this grant is offered twice a year, only one award will be made to individual applicants per academic year.
8. If travel is proposed, an approval of travel form must be submitted WITH THE PROPOSAL. The department chair MUST sign the approval of travel submitted with this proposal. This form will require approval from the chair and dean, and INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL requires approval of the PROVOST and the PRESIDENT, AT LEAST 30 days prior to the trip. Therefore, all travel awards are contingent upon final approval by either the Dean (US travel) or the Provost and President (international travel). Before an award will be made, the approval of travel form must also be approved by the dean, and if required, the provost, and the president. The form is available on the SJSU website at www.sjsu.edu/provost/forms/#travel
DEADLINE FOR COMPLETED APPLICATIONS TO DEAN’S OFFICE, WSQ 103 IS 4:00 PM, Mon., April 2, 2012.
See attachment for additional details.